Your Network, Your Community, Your Mix

13 Facts About Kissing Women You Definitely Need To Know

52.44K 0

The word “kiss” needs no introduction. An neither does it need any description. But I am pretty sure none of you know these crazy facts about kissing.

Read on to know some pretty awesome stuff:


1. One kiss requires the coordination of a total of 146 muscles

This includes 34 facial muscles and 112 postural muscles. That is quite a serious workout!

lesbian kissing 02


2. Kissing burns 2 to 6 calories per minute

lesbian kissing 06


3. It is possible for a woman to reach an orgasm through kissing

lesbian kissing 11


4. It can boost your mood instantly

The levels of dopamine- one of the most important neurotransmitters, spike during kissing, leading to a rush of elation and craving and can also result in the obsessive thoughts that many of us experience with a new romance – almost like an addiction.

lesbian kissing 03


5. Our love for kissing comes from… rats?

An ancient rat-like creature called Eomaia Scansoria, which lived sometime between 75 and 125 million years ago, is the common ancestor for both mice and humans. Kazushige Touhara and colleagues at the University of Tokyo believe that our affinity for kisses descends from this ancient rat. The science team theorizes that this creature would rub noses with a mate to sample his or her pheromones and signal desire.

rat


6. Origin of the word “kiss”

The word “kiss” comes from the Old English word cyssan, which technically means “to kiss.” No one is completely positive where cyssan comes from, but it is thought that it represented the sound people make when they kiss.

cyssan


7. You can have a career in kissing

The study of kissing is called Philematology, and someone who studies’ kissing is called an Osculologist.

lesbian kissing 04


8. 10% of the world doesn’t kiss

Would you believe me if I told you that there existed people who did not know about kissing? Mangaia Island, which is about 18 million years old, is the oldest island in the Pacific Ocean. The people here had never heard of kissing until the English introduced them to the practice in the 1700s.

Although as of today, 90% of the world enjoys the art of kissing, the rest 10% does not do so. For example, certain areas in Sudan believe that the mouth is the window to the soul, and they fear that it can be stolen by mouth-to-mouth contact.

lesbian kissing 05


9. On average, two-thirds of people tip their heads to the right when they pucker up.

A German researcher observed over 100 couples and noted that two-thirds of them tilted their heads to the right, too. Experts think this instinct originates from the womb when we naturally tilted our heads to the right.

opusmek-listelist


10. In Nevada, it is illegal to kiss with a moustache

lesbian kissing 07


11. Kissing is good for your health

Kissing has long been thought to be a way to pass along bugs and thus strengthen the body’s defenses. Scientific research also says that kissing increases the levels of oxytocin, the body’s natural calming chemical and also increases endorphins, the body’s feel-good chemicals.

lesbian kissing 09


12. Lips are 100 times more sensitive than the tips of the fingers. Not even genitals have as much sensitivity as lips.

lesbian kissing 08


13. Kissing is all about exchanging information

The exchange of saliva allows us to figure out information about our partner on a subconscious level. A kiss can convey the genetic compatibility of a mate, the condition of their immune system and how willing they are to raise children. Even if you’ve paired off with a perfect match from a shared interest dating site, you have lots in common and their kissing technique is good, on a subconscious level you may reject them because of how your body has responded to this exchange of information.

lesbian kissing 10

Subscribe to KitschMix's newsletter for more stories you don't want to miss.

Since you’re here …

Like many other media organisations, KitschMix is operating in an incredibly challenging financial climate. More people are reading the KitschMix than ever, but our advertising revenues are falling fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. KitschMix is an independent website that takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce, but we do it because we believe women in the LGBTQ community need more positive visibility.

If everyone who reads our articles, who likes them, helps to support them, our future would be much more secure.

Make a contribution

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Author
KitschMix was founded with a clear objective – to give women within the LGBT community better representation and to cover stories with that matter to them. Be it articles on lifestyle, dating and coming out; to celebrity news, interviews, film reviews, TV recaps; or politics, religion and community news from around the world.

Leave a Reply

sign-up-insert-01