For many, going to a bar solo is akin to going to work in just our underwear: an embarrassing and painfully awkward experience.
But if you’re a solo-traveller who also happens to enjoy your adult beverages, frequenting bars without a date is a great skill to master.
1. You allow yourself to get emotionally attached to the first girl who looks in your direction.
2. You pull the “fake texting” move instead of striking up a conversation.
3. You overdo the coolness.
4. You get stuck in a conversation with the girl going through a “really tough breakup right now.”
5. For some crazy reason, you become totally intimidate by every women in there.
6. You’re a femme, but you felt the need to butch it up to get hit on.
7. You turn the conversation in an awkwardly sexual direction.
8. Your flirting enters into creepy territory.
9. You forget to smile.
10. You get way too drunk.
11. You accidentally insult the mixologist behind the bar, meaning you’re not getting served for the rest of night unless you leave a big tip.
12. You fail to send out those “single” vibes.
13. You over do the staring.