Like Us On Facebook
Growing pains: 25 problems only femme lesbians will understand.
1. When people say you don’t look gay – Really? Not even when I’m having sex with women? I feel like that’s when I look my gayest.
2. When people confuse your girlfriend for a friend or even worse a sibling.
3. When people tell you you’re too pretty to be gay – because all straight people are attractive.
4. When people (including other lesbians) say you’re just pretending to be gay.
5. When people demand you to prove you’re gay.
6. When guys think they can “turn” you.
7. When other lesbians don’t recognise that you are a lesbian, so you constantly have to drop hints.
8. When people just get so hung up on your sexual orientation, that’s all they want to discuss.
9. When people assume your sexuality is something that’s just for men and not for you or your partner.
10. When people think your dating life is easy.
11. When you can’t tell your friends and family about your relationship problems, because they’ll just tell you to date men.
12. When people assume you only like butch women.
13. When you date butch women and people think it’s because you’re really into guys.
14. When guys ask if they can watch – No, you can’t. No forever.
15. When lesbians assume you’re manicure means you’re a safety hazard in bed.
16. When apparently your label defines you.
17. When you have “the talk” with your family and they point out the fact you wear dresses, which means you can’t be gay.
18. When straight women think you’re hitting on them.
19. Or when straight women think it’s perfectly ok to hit on you.
20. Always having to make the first move in the bar and in the bedroom.
21. When people assume you’re straight by default.
22. When people ask you if you’re sure you like women – like really sure?!
23. When people tell you you’re less of a lesbian because of the way you look.
24. When you have to deal with the stereotype that femme lesbians are passive in bed.
25. When you think you’re not lesbian enough, so feel the need to make changes.
Subscribe to KitschMix's newsletter for more stories you don't want to miss.
‘Queer City’ Is a Hard-Hitting Documentary About LGBTQ Lives in New York
New South Wales Premier ‘Distressed’ After Backing Ban On Same-Sex Parenting Film