Everyone has perceptions or preconceived ideas about what it means to be a lesbian. Many people think they can tell if someone is a lesbian by the way they look, dress, or behave.
So what if lesbian actually acted like men…
Typically, you can’t always spot a lesbian women by the way they act and dress. Gender roles do not determine sexual orientation, and distinguish from straight and more gender normative-individuals. There are some lesbians who dress in a very masculine way, and some who act in traditionally feminine ways. The big thing is they feel the freedom to explore a range of gender expression.
Remember: Not all lesbians are butch and tomboyish. Just because someone is a lesbian, doesn’t mean she…
- Wears short hair, tattoos, body piercings, and army boots
- Drives a pick-up truck and wears a tool belt
- Is really into sports
- Wears plaid lumberjack shirts
- Only listens to music by KD Lang, The Indigo Girls, and Melissa Etheridge
- Wears leather and rides a motorbike