It’s taken us 25 years to get to where we are today in the UK. We’re serious about creating change around the world. Will you help us?
Stonewall’s International work supports the work of LGBT human rights defenders around the word. We know from our own experience that sustainable change is only possible if it is led by people on the ground in the country concerned.
Why its important to support LGBT rights around the world
- 78 countries make same-sex relationships a crime
- 5 of those impose the death penalty
- 1,509 cases of murdered trans people have been reported since 2008
- 61 countries protect LGB people from discrimination in employment
- 14 countries have equal marriage
- 15 countries allow same-sex couples to adopt children
Shubha discusses the situation for LGBT people in India and what she has learned from her visit to Stonewall
Show your support