1. You are no longer introduced as an individual. It’s always your name accompanied by your partners, and if she’s not there it still happens.
2. People confuse you for you partner all the time.
3. You no longer say ‘I’. It is now only ‘We’.
4. Most of your conversations involve the phrase “remember that time when we…”
5. You can be brutally honest with each other.
6. But you also know exactly how to compliment them.
7. And that’s because you’ve shared nearly every single thought and insecurity you’ve had over with them.
8. When someone asks you keep a secret, you assume telling your girlfriend doesn’t count.
9. You are totally comfortable sitting in silence together doing absolutely nothing.
10. Your girlfriend can make you belly-laugh like no one else.
11. It’s an unspoken rule that you hate all the same people.
12. You can always tell when they’re lying.
13. In fact you can NEARLY read their mind.
14. Over the years you’ve learnt all their favourite foods and when they’ll need them.
15. They have been there for you no matter what.
16. And they always seem to know what to say.
17. There are no boundaries in terms of personal space.
18. Or a conception of personal belongings.
19. You know you’ll be together for years to come.
When we begin a relationship, we aim to be the very best version of ourselves.
We’re always clean, always shaven and never discuss anything that portrays us in a negative light.
But we’re all human, and humans are pretty gross creatures. We can’t sustain this level of perfection, and eventually, the stuff we worked so hard to keep hidden comes out — literally.
Here’s how you know the love is real.
1. There’s no demand to shave.
The beauty of a comfortable relationship is that you only need to shave if you want to. There’s no longer that weird pressure to do so to impress someone.
2. You fart in front of each other.
You’ve probably spent the first six-to-18 months of your relationship convincing your girlfriend that you never fart. Then, one night, it will happen – the inevitable occurs – and there’s no turning back now. You both fart freely in front of each.
3. You pee with the door open.
If you’re in the middle of a crucial conversation, why end it just because one of you has to pee? Just leave the door open a crack, continue with that thought and let it out.
4. You freely discuss your bowl movements.
A new milestone in any relationship is reached when someone mentions their bowels, so you know you’ve hit peak comfort level with your girlfriend when you can discuss how much you have to sh*t.
5. A new hobby involves popping pimples and blackheads.
For some reason some of us get a sick pleasure out of popping pimples and blackheads. We love any kind of beauty routine that promises cleanliness and purity, even if the process is painful.
However, if your girlfriend offers to pop your pimples — that is, willingly come face-to-face with your dirt and gunk — take it as a sign that she finds even the grossest parts of you appealing and worthy of your touch.
6. Sicknesses dose not make kissing off-limits.
Your oozing boogies, and she’s got crusty Pink Eye. Your cough is loud and un-controllable. She just puked. But nothing stops you from wanting to take care of her — and maybe even get physical.
Even with snot seeping from her nose and dark circles under her eyes, your girlfriend is just as appealing as the day you first met.
7. Weight gain isn’t a big deal.
In this media-driven, image-obsessed world, we all strive to have the best bodies. These strategies are effective for the beginning of a relationship, but once you’re deep in one, laziness inevitably sets in.
When you’re in a relationship, you may notice changes in your significant other’s body overtime. Maybe you notice a pooch forming when you’re naked, or maybe you find you need to buy a bigger sized shirt than last year for this year’s Christmas present.
But weight doesn’t matter. You still remember them exactly how they were when you first met, and you still love them with the extra pounds.
Bonus thing – Despite all of this, you actually still find your significant other sexy.
This is not a matter of simply tolerating these gross things; it’s a matter of still thinking your partner is incredibly hot regardless of them.
When it comes to long term relationships it’s easy to turn on the auto pilot switch and neglect each other.
You have your life with your friends and family and she has her life. You are living in the same house leading parallel lives with very little interaction.
Both of you have the need for intimacy and connection, and neither knows how to bridge the gap to find the spark you once had. So what do you do?
Also read: 5 Ways to Electrify Your Sex Life